What is micro-needling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive med spa treatment that involves the use of a device equipped with fine needles to create tiny, controlled punctures in the skin's surface. Also known as collagen induction therapy, microneedling stimulates the body's natural healing process, resulting in skin rejuvenation and improvement in various skin concerns.
How Microneedling Works
Before the procedure begins, the skin is thoroughly cleansed, and a numbing cream may be applied to minimize discomfort
The microneedling device, which may be a roller, pen, or stamp-like tool, is gently passed over the treatment area. As the needles penetrate the skin, they create micro-injuries, triggering the body's wound healing response.
Stimulation of Collagen and Elastin
The micro-injuries caused by microneedling stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins essential for maintaining skin elasticity and firmness. This process leads to skin tightening, improved texture, and reduced appearance of wrinkles, scars, and hyperpigmentation.
Enhanced Product Absorption
Microneedling also enhances the penetration and absorption of topical skincare products, allowing for better delivery of beneficial ingredients into the deeper layers of the skin.
Benefits of Microneedling
- Improves skin texture and tone
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimizes acne scars and other types of scarring
- Fades hyperpigmentation and sunspots
- Tightens sagging skin
- Stimulates hair growth in cases of alopecia
- Radiofrequency Microneedling: Combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy to further tighten and firm the skin.
- Microchanneling: Utilizes shallow, micro-sized channels to deliver targeted serums or growth factors for enhanced rejuvenation.
Aftercare: Following microneedling treatment, it's essential to follow proper post-procedure care, including the use of gentle skincare products, sun protection, and avoiding direct sun exposure for a few days.
Overall, microneedling is a versatile and effective treatment for addressing various skin concerns, promoting collagen production, and rejuvenating the skin's appearance. It's important to consult with our qualified med spa practitioners to determine if microneedling is suitable for your specific skin needs and goals.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.